Share a Piece of Your Heart – Origami Owl® June Force For Good ™ Looks benefiting the homeless starting June 6, 2017 at noon CT through June 12, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CT. Receive FREE SHIPPING on your entire order with the purchase of one or more of these looks. Limit 3 per look per order.
Share a piece of your heart + give a little sparkle to those who need it the most with our two limited-time Force For Good looks!
June is the official start of summer, and with summer comes the heat. That’s why, this month, Origami Owl is honored to support two non-profit organizations whose missions are to prevent and end homelessness. Shelters are especially in need of additional resources in the summertime to support the homeless men, women and children who are trying to escape the heat and find shelter, food and water. That’s why we want to support homeless awareness this month in our Force for Good efforts. (Keep reading for more ideas on how you can give back in your community, too!)
These exclusive Silver Twist Living Locket™ looks remind us to be kind to others, and have courage to stand up and make a difference in someone’s life – because you never know the battle someone is facing. You will find these lockets about noon CST on June 6 here.
The “Be Kind” exclusive ($19) , limited-time look features:
- Medium Silver Twist Living Locket™ Face with Light Amethyst CZ by Swarovski® (not sold individually – Retired Hostess Exclusive)
- Medium Silver Twist Living Locket™ Base
- Medium Silver “Be Kind” Plate (not sold individually – exclusive)
- 18” Silver Curb Chain (not sold individually – retired)
- Silver Heart with Purple Crystals Charm (not sold individually – retired)
- Amethyst Stardust Crystals by Swarovski® (not sold individually – retired)
Retail value: $64 USD | $82 CAD
The “Have Courage” exclusive ($29) , limited-time look features:
- Large Silver Twist Living Locket™ Face with Amethyst Crystals by Swarovski® (not sold individually – Retired Twist Face)
- Large Silver Twist Living Locket™ Base
- Large Silver “Have Courage” Plate (not sold individually – exclusive)
- 24” Silver Curb Chain (not sold individually – retired)
- Legacy Piece of My Heart Charm
Retail value: $78 USD | $101 CAD
New Charm Added
We just added a new Charm to our Causes Collection. Add our beautiful lavender Homelessness Awareness Charm to your “Be Kind” or “Have Courage” looks, or build your own Locket look to capture this cause’s importance to you! You can purchase the Homelessness Awareness Charm for only $5 USD | $6 CAD, while supplies last. 100% of the profits will go directly toward a charity or organization that supports homelessness awareness. You can find this Charm under Shop > Force For Good > Charms.
Live Sparkly Story
From homeless single mom, fending for her kids, to successful stay-at-home business owner, Mishell Amick’s journey from hopeless to hopeful is a testament to the power of finding purpose, finding love – and finding oneself. Read the whole story here!
Where Your $1 From Each Look Purchased Goes
Origami Owl will donate $1 from each look purchased to benefit the National Coalition for the Homeless in the U.S. and Raising the Roof in Canada – non-profit organizations whose missions are to prevent and end homelessness.
The National Coalition for the Homeless is a national network of people who are currently experiencing, or who have experienced, homelessness, activists and advocates, community-based and faith-based service providers, and others committed to a single mission: to prevent and end homelessness, while ensuring the immediate needs of those experiencing homelessness are met, and their civil rights protected.
Raising the Roof provides national leadership on long-term solutions to homelessness through partnership and collaboration with diverse stakeholders, investment in local communities and public education. They work toward a day when all Canadians have access to a safe and stable home, with the support to achieve their potential.
4 Other Ways You Can Give Back This Month Where You Live
Purchasing this look for yourself or a loved one/friend, is just one of the ways you can be a Force for Good for homelessness this month. Here are four other ways you can give back in your own community:
- Give the gift of time and volunteer at a local homeless shelter or food bank. Shelters and food banks are always looking for volunteers to help cook and serve food, wash clothes, bedding and other items and help clean around the building. Sometimes all people really need is someone to listen to them and understand their story.
- Donate basic need items to a local homeless shelter and food to a food bank. You can reach out to the shelters and food banks to see what items they need through the summer months. Many are needing items such as peanut butter, rice, sugar, flour, canned vegetables, clothing, blankets, sleeping bags, shoes, bags, toothpaste, laundry detergent, etc.
- Host your own donation drive. Many homeless shelters have this option as a way to give back. Reach out to your local shelter to get details about what’s needed, and what options you have, to host your own donation drive.
- Keep bottles of water and care packages in your vehicle. Water is crucial, but especially at this time of the year. Keep cases of water bottles in your vehicle so you can hand out a bottle or two to the homeless people you see while you’re at a stop light. You can even put together care packages that include essentials such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, hair brush or comb, razor, shaving cream, deodorant, socks, granola bars, fruit snacks, etc.
Just think of how many homeless men, women and children can benefit from this Force For Good initiative, as well as the various other ways you can help give back.